Fewer kindergarten students showed up to school this fall prepared to read, according to preliminary Idaho Reading Indicator data released Thursday.

All told, about 55 percent of Idaho’s 90,000 K-3 students who took the IRI hit grade-level reading benchmarks, schools chief Sherri Ybarra said in a news release. The remaining 45 percent did not.

Read Full Article