Collaborating to improve student success
IBE executives work directly with local school superintendents, school trustees, and other community leaders on key issues that can close achievement gaps and help all students succeed academically. We call these efforts led by IBE and the school district Student Achievement Teams (SAT). Team members value transparency and trust, and have a laser-like focus on data and continuous improvement goals. Our teams work with a sense of urgency to improve academic achievement for all students.
An IBE member generally co-chairs an SAT with the local superintendent or school board chair. Other IBE members volunteer their time to serve on the SAT, lending their time, business expertise, networks, and resources to help remove barriers to student achievement and champion local schools. Other members of the SAT can include educational and community leadership vital to student achievement goals and invited by the co-chairs. Educational leadership provides critical student achievement data and annual improvement plans that help the Team focus on achievement barriers that have a high promise of success with business support.
The Student Achievement Teams (ideally 8-10 members) rely upon actively engaged members who value transparency, trust, a laser-like focus on data and continuous improvement goals and urgency to improve academic achievement for all students.
IBE is currently working with several Student Achievement Teams in support of the following school districts: Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Bonneville, Rigby, St. Anthony, Kuna, Nampa and Lewiston and Coeur d’Alene.
Team meetings drive to the following objectives:
- Understanding of the District’s student achievement goals and performance (via Annual School Improvement Plans)
- Identification of critical achievement gaps that become the focus of the team
- Development of solutions to close gaps, including scaling up local and state successful practices and breaking down barriers at local and state levels
- Shared responsibility for action, utilizing diverse areas of expertise and influence
- Monitoring performance on closing critical gaps and when needed, expediting course corrections
- Annually evaluating Team effectiveness in meeting or exceeding student achievement results
- Celebrating School performance every step of the way, while providing input into new achievement goals for the next school year’s Annual School Improvement Plan